Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint

Sports, pop culture, and politics, Pittsburgh-style, with french fries on top.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Point/Counterpoint: The Mayor vs. Me

The New Mayor of Pittsburgh is 26-year-old Luke Ravenstahl. A fresh, young, energetic voice may be just what our city needs, but when someone that young holds the city's highest office, it tends to make people in their mid 20s and 30s look back and re-evaluate what they've done with their lives:

  • At 18, Ravenstahl was a star football and baseball player in high school. At 18, I tended to mock the star football and baseball players.

  • At 23, Ravenstahl was elected to Pittsburgh City Council. At 23, I was usually elected to pick up the Old Milwaukee on the way to the poker game.

  • At 25, Ravenstahl was named City Council President, Pittsburgh, PA. At 25, I was still bragging about my landslide victory as Homeroom President, Neshannock High School.

  • At 26, Ravenstahl was named Mayor of Pittsburgh. At 26, I was just beginning to get over my childhood fear of / attraction to Mayor McCheese.

  • At 26, Ravenstahl is prepared to lead Pittsburgh into a bright new future. At 36, I’m prepared to lead the "Here We Go, Steelers" chant at any public gathering, sports or non-sports related.

Vote Quimby

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home