Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint

Sports, pop culture, and politics, Pittsburgh-style, with french fries on top.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

At Least They Didn't Throw Him Into A Tank Of Water To See If He'd Float


Interesting article in the Post Gazette about Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's appearance on David Letterman's show last night. One of the quotes from the story that seemed a little odd concerned the small tree that Dave gave him to "beautify" the city:

"Just put it this way -- I don't think we're taking the gift home with us," the mayor said after taping the show, late in the afternoon.

How do you not take that home with you? It's not like you'd personally have to stuff it in the carry-on compartment of the plane... just have it shipped back. Pretty cool conversaton piece, if you asked me. And if nothing else, maybe it could've been auctioned off for a local charity or something.

Personally, I would have planted it in the center of my living room, obstructing the view of guests and forcing them to ask me about it. But I'm just subtle that way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home